We take your privacy very seriously, so please read the following information carefully.
The information we collect
We use the personal information that you provide to us, including your name and email address, to respond to an inquiry you initiate.
We may also automatically collect other, non-personally identifiable, information each time you visit this website, including, without limitation:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version and device type and version;
- Usage data and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clicks to, through and from this website (including date and time), page response times, download errors, and length of visits to certain pages;
- General location information to identify where our audience views the website from.
Some of the information described above can be collected by us only if you enable them on your hardware or software. For example, it is your option (and under your control) to accept or delete cookies, to enable location information, and to control the information that your browser transmits. For more about cookies and how to control them, please see below.
Our purposes for processing your personal data
To respond to inquiries made on the website.
How we collect your personal data
We collect your data directly from you when you:
- Submit an Inquiry form; and
- email us directly.
How we use your personal data
We primarily use your personal data to respond to an inquiry that you might initiate, or to conduct day-to-day business if you are a client.
We do not share your personal data with any other third party, and do not sell information for advertising or promotional purposes.
Retaining your personal data
We will retain your data for as long as we are obliged, under relevant legislation and regulation; where no such rules apply, for no longer than it is necessary for our lawful purposes; and until you notify us to delete your data.
Your individual privacy rights
You have the right to object to how we process your personal data. You also have the right to see what personal data we hold and process. You can ask us to correct inaccuracies, delete or restrict personal data or ask for some of your personal data to be provided to someone else. These rights are explained in more detail below.
Requests to exercise your rights to your personal data can be made using the inquiry methods indicated at the bottom of this notice.
The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In 2016 the European Union (EU) created new regulations to protect the data and privacy of all individuals within the EU. These regulations aim to give EU citizens and residents control over their personal data, including when it is exported outside the EU. This collection of rules and protocols is called the General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR, and is effective as of May 25, 2018.
If you are an EU Citizen, you have these rights:
- To be informed: You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent, and easily understandable information about how we use your data and your rights. We fulfill this right by giving you this notice.
- Access to your personal data: You can request access to a copy of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw and opt-out.
- Right to object: You may object to our processing of your personal data by us.
- Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held about you.
- Erasure: This is also known as “the right to be forgotten”, and this means that you can ask us to delete your personal data where: it is no longer necessary for us to use it; you have withdrawn consent (where applicable); or we have no lawful basis for keeping it or otherwise using it. There are limited exceptions, for example where we need to use the information to bring or defend a legal claim.
- Portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred. This is limited to personal data that you have provided with your consent or in relation to the products that you have with us, and that we process by automated means, such as your account transaction data, if any.
- You can ask us to restrict the personal data we use about you where: it is inaccurate; you have asked for it to be erased; you have objected to our use of it; or where you need this for the bringing or defending of legal claims.
- When you have asked us to restrict the use of your personal data, we may still store your information, but will not use it further without your consent, unless we need to process it: to bring or defend legal claims; to protect the rights and freedoms of other individuals; or for other important public interest reasons.
Please note that, though not all privacy laws are as strict as the EU GDPR, we will generally extend these concepts of privacy and transparency to all users, since we feel your privacy is very important.
Requests to exercise your rights under the GDPR can be made using the inquiry form at the bottom of this page.
- Via email: Privacy@aircastle.com
- Via phone: +1 203 504 1020
Transmission of Information via the internet
Although we use encryption (https) on our website, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. While we do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website; any transmission is AT YOUR OWN RISK. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
International Data Transfer
To comply with E.U. data protection laws around international data transfer mechanisms, we have self-certified under the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield program. This framework was developed to establish a way for companies to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union to the United States.
The cookies we use on www.aircastle.com do not contain any information that personally identifies you, and we do not manually or programmatically link cookie identifiers with the personal information stored in our system. The cookies we set are used to track if a user is logged in or not, and also for anonymous web traffic analysis using Google Analytics.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
We currently set the following cookies:
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics – the web analytics service provided by Google Inc. The Google Analytics cookies track activity on this website but do not collect personal information about you. Rather, usage information is stored in aggregate and we use it to see trends and patterns, so we can optimize your user experience.
You may disable scripts run by Google Analytics to the extent that your browser and associated programs provide such functionality. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit this website: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Google’s privacy and compliance policies are available at https://privacy.google.com
Session ID: This is a temporary session cookie used to track whether traffic is logged in or out of this website. Session ID cookies do not collect personal information about you and are deleted when you close your browser.
Modifications to these policies
- Via email: Privacy@aircastle.com
- Via phone: +1 203 504 1020